Sunday, August 16, 2015

On being a teacher and a student!



At the beginning of August, I had had the opportunity to participate as both a student and a teacher of Zentangle! I was able to teach a wonderful group of new tanglers at Jerry's Artarama in Fort Collins, and the next day I was in the role of the student, taking a class. I have to say that I enjoyed both roles equally well!

Our (very) talented class at Jerry's Artarama in Fort Collins. What a fun group!


As you can see by both of these tile mosaics, they were "naturals" at tangling!


The next day, I took the student role and went to Patricia Dusty Darrah's class in Denver. We worked on Fantasy Letters as Zentangle Inspired Art.

First, we discussed tangled that would be good fillers for our letters, spent some time practicing and "warming up", and then started tangling.




The next step was to color the tangles, cut out the negative spaces (a new skill!), then mount the letter on a black background.



(No band-aids were harmed in this phase!)




Here is the final letter, mounted onto a black background.

No comments:

Post a Comment