Tuesday, August 28, 2018

New (and experienced) Tanglers in Wisconsin!

On Sunday, I taught a small class of 3, and had so much fun! The students were: my sister, Carol, a colleague of hers, David,  and my sweetheart, Tim. Needless to say, it was an interesting mix. Tim has tangled on and off ever since I started. Carol has seen my tangling, but had never learned about the background of the Zentangle process, and David was brand new to the whole thing!

Everyone did exceptionally well, and really understood the process behind Zentangle when the class was done. Carol was especially surprised at how one line (often the last step in a tangle) can make it change dramatically. Putting the final diagonal line in Cubine, for instance, suddenly makes it a 3-D image! They also loved the shading process, and how that makes the piece "come alive".







When we were done with the class, we looked at Carol's incredible macrame project that she had done. . . . .



. . .  and David's crochet work


Looking at these projects, I want to make tangles out of the beautiful patterns!



No comments:

Post a Comment