Monday, February 9, 2015

More Zentangle in the Nokomis/Sarasota Florida area!

     I am constantly amazed at how people who are new to Zentangle start out by saying, "I can't do that" . . . . and then end up saying, "Wow! I did that!".
   
SO ~ WHAT IS ZENTANGLE?
  1. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: You don't need any previous training or "artistic talent" to learn this art form.  The process is created "one stroke at a time", where each step is just one line! If you can draw a line, a circle, and a 'S', then you can do Zentangle!
    "The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being." 
    Zentangle can: 
    • increase your focus,
    • help you relax,
    • inspire your creativity,
    • improve teamwork,
    • build your confidence,
    • change your outlook.
    Today a wonderful group of new Zentangle students came for an introductory class. We had a cozy time to tangle as it rained outside! Here are a few photos of our finished tiles ~ Each one is so unique and beautiful. 



    As a Certified Zentangle Teacher, I absolutely love seeing these tiles "come to life", with the individual styles of each student! We all learn from each other . . . . and then, when each tile is shaded, completed, signed, and admired, there is that "WOW!" moment. 

8 comments:

  1. What an enjoyable and inspiring class!! Thanks so much. Glenna Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenna Jo ~ It was a treat having you in the class~ What a great group! I can't wait to see more of your Zentangle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you be teaching in Fl? And where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deborah! We will be back in the Nokomis/Sarasota area in late October or early November. I'm looking forward to teaching Zentangle as soon as we get there! Please keep in touch with me, and let me know if you're interested in classes! Happy tangling! ~ Holly

      Delete
  4. Yes, I'm interested. Please send me the details when you return. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deborah! We're settled back in Nokomis, and I'm starting to schedule Zentangle classes. I don't have a schedule, yet, but am curious about what works best for you? (Weekdays, weekends, morning, afternoon, evening, etc?)
      You can email me at: williamshj@aol.com OR phone: (303) 810-6218.
      Thanks, and I'm looking forward to meeting you! ~ Holly

      Delete
  5. Very interested. Please let me know when you are here. Diane. Milokane@hotmail. Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane ~ I just emailed you . . . and you can also see me reply to Deborah above. Thanks! Talk with you soon!

      Delete